We’re hiring an Apprentice Web Developer
We are looking for enthusiastic web developers who are keen to learn and add to their existing web development skills. They will learn web development in a workplace environment.
This is an incredible opportunity to learn the fundamental skills necessary to start a career in web development. Training is provided by highly skilled professional web developers who will equip you with the knowledge and experience to fast track your way to becoming a web developer. Everything you learn during the training sessions will be absolutely current and directly applicable to your work. Online training is provided to very quickly teach you the foundational languages of web development. Throughout the apprenticeship placement you will learn more languages and begin to specialise in your chosen area.
In the workplace you will be designated a Mentor – an experienced web developer who will be responsible for your learning at work. Group training will also be provided with other web development apprentices and we use slack (industry standard messaging app) to keep in touch with all the apprentices, mentors, trainers and past apprentices across the country. Subject to social distancing restrictions, at various points in the year, groups of apprentices will get together for residential field trips, for example a conference, hackathon or group training or team building.
Your duties will include:
- Attend discovery and planning meetings to help the team decide what to build
- Attend and input into development team meetings
- Assist the support team with assigning support tickets and keeping clients informed of progress, completing tickets as skills improve
- Assist the QA team with automated and manual testing of websites and applications
- Content administration – Use CMS interface to create and update content on client sites
- Site Administration – Use CMS interface to create and administer different types of content, lists of content, tags, users, displays and templates
In a Web Development Apprenticeship position, you will join a team of ambitious and passionate developers to learn and contribute to projects for renowned clients. This is an excellent route into a great career. You will be learning current, marketable skills on the job and in training. You will receive practical, no-holds-barred mentoring in how to build sites by a team of influential, world-class, industry experts, learning from a supportive team who will help you to become a better more rounded developer.
We are looking for Apprentice Web Developers; people that enjoy programming, coding and building websites. You must be passionate about web development, self-motivated, determined to learn and develop new skills and driven to succeed.