Recruiting: Graphic Designer for Web
We’re looking for a good junior front-end graphic designer for web. If you’ve got a natural flair for design, a strong creative streak, and like working with clients to turn their ideas, aspirations or brands into beautiful pixels we’d love to hear from you.
You will be closely involved during the early stages of web projects. Along with our project managers you will be liaising directly with clients to understand their requirements and develop graphical designs that excite them. From client meetings, questionnaires and specifications you will be creating wireframes, sitemaps and ultimately layered graphical mockups that can be passed to our developers.
This is a great opportunity to be part of a supportive team in a small but ambitious web development company that already has a huge portfolio of satisfied clients. We hope to be expanding our design and development team in future years, so this is your chance to get in early and grow with us. Supported by our existing designer/developers, you’ll learn all about user experience (UX), accessibility, web standards and SEO as you develop within the company.
- Excellent communication skills, team working skills and good written English.
- Experience with at least one graphical design package – ideally Photoshop
- Good problem-solving instinct
- Solid grounding in general IT skills and familiarity with the web
- A willingness to learn and develop your skills and understanding in web technologies.
Ideally you will also have:
- A basic understanding of HTML/CSS and responsive web design
- Previous experience in design for web
- Some experience in design to client specifications
- An understanding of the principles of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Familiarity with the principles of accessibility, UX design and human-computer interaction
The wage will be based on experience (though we absolutely never pay less than the living wage). The deadline for applications is February 16th 2017.
Please feel free to send your CV and examples you have of past work to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. When applying please confirm that you can attend a group interview and (informal) company presentation on the evening of Tuesday February 21st. We are not interested in hearing from agencies.