We are looking to recruit a full-time administrator, to join us at our central York office.
The job will entail day-to-day administrative duties like bookkeeping, invoicing, record-keeping, and some HR work. Initially providing support to the directors and development team, our hope is that in the long term you will be able to take the lead on these areas, with such support as may be needed. This job therefore has great prospects for career progression.
The work will include:
- Creating, sending & following up on invoices, billing enquiries & payments
- Producing financial and time reports and reviews for project managers and directors
- Maintenance of internal and client services and accounts, including license and contract renewal
- Management of office sundries and petty cash
- Sending client after-sales correspondence
- Answering, screening and logging client enquiries with our ‘support desk’ system
- Assisting with the development of project plans
- Assisting with the registration, configuration, renewal and management of domains and hosting packages
- Helping to develop, document and maintain administrative systems and procedures
The wage will be based on experience (though we absolutely never pay less than the living wage).
Working at Castlegate IT
We look after sites for more than 300 satisfied clients, mostly in the Yorkshire region but a handful further afield. You would be joining our friendly team of developers in our light and airy first-floor York office just off Walmgate. We have secure bike parking, and are only a short walk from all forms of public transport. We operate a flexible working hours policy, and where possible we can accommodate remote working.
We are a medium sized company, with plans for growth, and keen for all our employees to have a say and a stake in how the company develops. Directors work alongside employees in the office. All company members benefit from a profit share scheme and are encouraged to contribute to our Ethical Policy. We have a community giving fund, which is nominated and voted on by all employees. Tea, coffee and fruit is provided by the company and we’ll take you out for drinks and meals whenever we can think of an excuse to.
We’re keen on personal development, and will provide you with access to learning materials and the time to use them. We will also pay for you to attend any relevant conferences and training we can identify, such as WordCamps and PHP conferences.
The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Confident IT skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, email and database applications
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and to act on own initiative
- Excellent administrative and organisational abilities
- Ability to work effectively on your own and as part of a team, and to balance competing priorities
- Good paper & computer record keeping and housekeeping skills
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain discretion at all times
- Willingness to identify deficiencies in existing systems and propose improvements
- Previous administrative experience
- Previous experience within the web development industry
- Previous experience of bookkeeping and/or financial reporting
- Previous experience of any aspect of HR, such as payroll, employment law or health and safety.
- Previous experience with domain registration administrative tasks
- Previous experience of website content management systems and CRM systems
- Previous experience of dealing with existing and prospective clients as first point of contact, by telephone, email or in person
Closing date: Tuesday May 30th
The deadline for applications is 8am on Tuesday May 30th. Please send your CV and supporting letter to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. When applying please confirm that you can attend a group interview and (informal) company presentation in central York on the evening of Tuesday June 6th. We are not interested in hearing from agencies.
Web designers: read on!
We are also very interested in taking on graphic designers or illustrators with experience of web and user-interface design.
There is no closing deadline for this, but please feel free to send your CV and any examples you have of past work to us at email@example.com.